One in eight young people have a diagnosable mental illness. Despite this, not enough training and awareness is made of young peoples mental health.
Support for us provides training around young people’s mental health, catered for a variety of audiences, including:
• General healthcare professionals
• Mental health professionals
• Youth workers
• Support workers
These are face to face classes and workshops, with online courses currently being developed.
Face to face classes can be one off classes, ranging from a few hours to a 3 day course, or can be weekly sessions over a long period of time.
• Mental Health First Aid
• Information on specific mental health conditions
• Stigma and discrimination around mental health and mental illness
• Looking after your own mental health
• Building resilience
• The use of social media
• How to support young people you work with
If you would like face to face training within your community or workplace, please email email@example.com